This workshop was fun, informational and inspirational!
– Early Childhood Teacher, Middlebury, Vermont
If you’re an educator looking to integrate PLT into your curriculum, you’ve come to the right place for resources and opportunities. More than half a million educators have attended a PLT workshop since the program began in 1976.
PLT’s professional development workshops train educators:
- In environmental education
- How best to use PLT curriculum materials
- How to engage with and draw upon their community in learning about and taking action to address local environmental issues
Great learning experience. Very valuable. Will directly benefit my community. Well planned. This was the best professional development experience I have attended. Great enthusiastic presenters and facilitators!!!
– Teacher, Bennington, Vermont
Types of workshops
Project Learning Tree educator workshops are open to anyone, held at convenient times, and are offered for at a nominal charge. These workshops are designed to help you:
- Learn how to incorporate PLT activities into your current and future lesson plans and programming.
- Meet other local professionals interested or already involved in environmental education.
- Become part of a network that offers you follow-up resources and opportunities.
- Learn about environmental education.
Vermont facilitators offer advanced workshops for trained PLT educators. Advanced workshops are generally theme based, providing participants an opportunity to cover a particular environmental issue in depth. These workshops often encompass multiple days or include overnight stays.
Facilitator (or Train the Trainer) Workshops
Project Learning Tree works because facilitators across the country train educators to use PLT materials. If you’d like to teach your fellow educators how to implement PLT, you will:
- Learn how to conduct PLT workshops.
- Gain leadership skills.
- Gain knowledge of environmental education.
- Learn about and make contacts in your community.
This was an outstanding workshop! Well organized, informative and the sharing of ideas and experiences is unmatched.
– Natural Resource Professional, Jamaica, Vermont