Project Learning Tree’s awarding-winning, multi-disciplinary curriculum resources teach students how to think, not what to think. PLT develops critical thinking, problem solving, and effective decision-making skills. Independent evaluators confirm PLT increases students’ knowledge, reasoning, and academic skills. Join the 650,000 educators across the country who use PLT’s flexible materials to bring the environment into their classrooms—and their students into the environment.
This online workshop is specially designed to help you:
- Engage your students in learning about the environment—both outside and indoors
- Make learning and teaching fun with hands-on activities
- Teach core subjects (especially STEM, reading, writing, and social studies)
- Meet academic standards (including Common Core and the Next Generation Science Standards)
- Easily incorporate lessons into your existing curriculum or nonformal education programs
- Become eligible to receive a PLT GreenWorks! grant to fund a service-learning project for your students
- Meet your professional development requirements
- Electronic copy of PLT’s PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide (print version available for an additional fee)
- 96 activities that are correlated to State Standards, Common Core State Standards, and support the Next Generation Science Standards’ three dimensional approach
- Topics include forests, wildlife, water, air, energy, waste, climate change, invasive species, community planning, and more
- Self-paced online workshop (approximately 4 hours)
- Introduces you to PLT by highlighting our supplemental curriculum materials, extensive network, and student-led service-learning programs like GreenSchools!
- Engaging and interactive learning experiences demonstrate select PLT activities and help you plan how best to facilitate them with your students
- Course can be completed in your own time, wherever you are